Photographer Kaz (right) has organized local photography enthusiasts
interested in meeting monthly or more often to share photography
tips and occasionally go on photographic field trips.
Our meetings are
on the second Tuesday of each month
at the Police Administration Bldg.
1275 N. Milpitas Blvd.
At 7:00 p.m. (Social begins at 6:30 p.m.)
- General-A and General-B: Members choose their category (A=advanced or B=beginner). Almost anything goes. Evaluation will be based primarily on pictorial content with the only restriction being that subject matter should not be offensive to the average adult audience.
- Monochrome: black and white, sepia, or any other shades of one color and white
- Travel: Expresses the feeling of a time and place, and portray a land, its people, or a culture in its natural state. Techniques that add to, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. Techniques that enhance the presentation of the image, without changing the photo travel content, are permitted. All adjustments must appear natural. Titles are part of the story and will be read during judging. They should be an accurate description of the subject.
- Creative is an image of altered reality, produced by use of tools or techniques to manipulate the image during any part of the work flow. Emphasis in this Division is placed upon creativity and originality.
How to print labels for print sharing:
* Attach one label to each to print (upper left corner on backside):
* Supply a second label with each print (to be removed): sharing
Where to submit digital photos for meetings or shows:
Members only with ID and password.
To Join or get More Information: Contact our membership
MEMBERS' PHOTOGRAPHY SITES
Over the years, Burrill's vision was greatly sharpened, his technique refined with exceptional emphasis on composition and historical importance. Today he is busy digitally printing his own fine art photographs, wrote two books on local history, and makes and distributes films in DVD depicting the magic of art and the creative process.
Our member Dave posts his photos from field trips here.
Jim has some instructional photos here, as well as lots of animals
PHOTO CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENTS
Fremont Art Association Digital Photography Group
Over the course of the next year we have 10 free field trips, a critique session, and an entry level photo class. These events occur on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Contact Cooksey, (510) 742-0548.
Favorite place to get matting supplies. 456 Meridian Avenue
San Jose. (408)
297-4707. Also in Palo Alto.
EXCLUSIVELY DIGITAL CAMERAS
Digital Outback Photo
Fine art outdoor photography using digital cameras.
Where you'll find all the latest in digital photography and imaging
news, reviews of the latest digital cameras and accessories,
the most active discussion forums, a large selection of sample
images, a digital camera buyers guide, side-by-side comparisons
and the most comprehensive database of digital camera features
Digital camera profiles, colors, and more.
Digital camera reviews, amateur to professional, latest industry
news, digital camera discussion board, Digital Photo of the Day,
photo-quality printers, image scanners, digital video, video
GENERAL CAMERA SITES
Learn and share photos and tips.
WHERE WE CAN'T STOOT PHOTOS
Stanford University Film, Photography and Video Requests
The University recently stepped up enforcement of its photography policy, leaving photographers uncertain about whether they are technically allowed to photograph Stanford landmarks. Security guards patrolling the Main Quad and other campus landmarks have been instructed to question the intent of individuals with professional camera equipment.