All Jokes - Alphabetically
On the Job
Recipe For Doing the Family Wash
Written in its original spelling for a bride a few generations
- bild a fire in back yard to heet kettle of rain water.
- set tubs so smoke won't blow in eyes if wind is pert.
- shave one hold cake lie sope in bilin water.
- sort things, make three piles. 1 pile white. 1 pile cullord.
1 pile work britches and rags.
- stur flour in cold water to smooth, then thin down with bilin
- rub dirty spots on board, scrub hard, then bile, rub collord,
but don't bile - just rench & starch.
- take white things out of kettle with broom stick handle,
then rench, blew, and starch.
- spred tee towels on grass.
- hang old rags on fence.
- pore rench water on flower bed.
- scrub porch with hot sopey water.
- turn tubs upside down.
- go put on cleen dress - smooth hair with side combs - brew
cup of tee - set and rest and rock a spell and count blessins."